If you don't need to maintain the same folder structure in your new reference manager, exporting your citations all at once is a much quicker option.
- Login to your Legacy RefWorks account.
- Select References > Export (upper left of screen)
- Choose the following options:
- References to Include:
All in List (If you have too many references, RefWorks will recommend you export them no more than 500 at a time.)
- Select an Export Format: Bibliographic Software
- Click Export References
- Your output will open in a separate browser window/tab and will resemble a text file.
- Use your browser's menu (icon in upper right) to save it as a text (.txt) file.
- Make note of where you save the file, because you'll need it to import into your new reference manager.