For Direct Export:
1. From your search results mark the references you want to import and click Export.
2. To do a direct export, select RefWorks in the Export to: section.
3. The export will open RefWorks if it is not already open and automatically import the references.
4. Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING WINDOWS 7, YOU MUST FIRST DISABLE THE POP-UP BLOCKER FROM THE TOOLS MENU. OTHERWISE EXPORT WILL NOT WORK!
To Manually Save and Export Records:
1. To save to a text file, select Text File in the Export to: section.
2. Using your browser's Save As function, navigate to the local drive and directory where you want to save the file.
3. The page URL displays as the default name. Under File name, type the file name to be saved. Assign a name that helps you locate the file later on.
4. Select Text as the file type.
5. Click Save.
6. Log in to RefWorks.
7. Select References/Import from the toolbar.
8. Select OCLC FirstSearch as the data source and select the appropriate database.
9. Browse to find the text file you saved to your computer.
10. Click Import.11. Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder